UPDATE: The voting deadline has passed. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Jennifer Chiaverini is teaming up with Project Linus to offer Elm Creek Readers the chance to decide whether Sarah’s twins will be boys, girls, or one of each!
Here’s how to cast your vote:
1. Download the Twin Star pattern from Jennifer’s website.
2. If you’d like Sarah to have two boys, sew a Twin Star block using the dark blue/light blue color combination. If you’d like Sarah to have two girls, sew a Twin Star block using the red/pink color combination. If you’d like Sarah to have a boy and a girl, sew a Twin Star block using the dark purple/light purple color combination. Please use white, off-white, light cream, or light beige for the background fabrics.
3. Mail your block to: Elm Creek Quilts, P. O. Box 620824, Middleton WI 53562 USA. All blocks must be received by Labor Day (Monday, September 6, 2010) to be counted. You may “vote” as many times as you wish, so feel free to stuff the ballot box!
4. All blocks received will be donated to Project Linus, a non-profit organization whose mission is “to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer ‘blanketeers.’ ”
5. Jennifer will reveal the result of the vote in an exclusive, sneak preview reading of an unpublished Elm Creek Quilts novel at the Project Linus Institute on Friday, July 22, 2011. Quilts created from the donated blocks will also be displayed.
Each “vote” you cast will mean another block for a warm, cozy quilt that will comfort a child in need—so vote early and often!